29 September 2009

Nuremberg


Like the London blog previously posted, these are just a few random shots from my short trip to Nuremberg.
Athough the British famously destroyed the city in the second world war as the Nazi's had decided to make Nuremberg their base camp, there is very little mention of it, and the buildings were made to look as they were, prewar. This made photographing the city quite interesting.


This was the back of a building next to my hotel. Though the soft tones in the black and white image, I think it almost makes feels like a mixture of a Walker Evans and an Alexander Rodchenko photograph.

This image on the other hand reminds me of something the early modernist Paris-based photographers Eugene Atget, Cartier-Bresson and Robert Doisneau. Not to say of course, that it is anywhere near their standards.

I took this image as I thought the Petrol had an almost epic feel to it, I think because its such a vast, dangerous thing thats been tucked away under a large building in the centre of a town.

Again, nothing special, I just like the way the photograph fades up in detail and light from the bottom of the photograph, the detail fades in a similar way.

This final photograph I like primarily because of its brightness and boldness.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com