23 November 2009

Autobiography

These images were taken for my first brief at college "Autobiography". In this brief we had to depict ourselves in 4 images, and someone else in 4 images.

In the images at the top I tried to explore how much about a person could be learnt from where they are. Initially I wanted to show the person in different places with different parts of the body in show, so rather than just feet, their shoulder, hands etc. In the end however I decided to stick with feet so that there was more of a theme in the images. Though I think it would have worked better if the composition was more similar throughout.


"Morning"


"Day"


"Sunset"


"Dusk"


In these next images, I am showing my 4 autobiographical images. I have chosen to show myself with my family, as I believe that family plays a large role in shaping and socialiasing you into who you are. In the images I have depicted us doing the sorts of activities we would normally do together, and by wearing similar clothes, I aimed to show the influences we have upon each other.

I have used vignetting around the edges to draw the viewers attention into the main focus of the frame. The only image this did not particularly work with is "Dad and I" because I am too low in the frame.



"Mum and I"


"Dad and I"


"Ims and I"


"Me"


0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com