15 April 2009

Portraits in Rome


The image above is of a parade we came across on our way to the vatican. Although not strictly a portrait (more documentary) I have included it here as I found the parade to be an interesting experience, having never seen a military parade live before.

We passed this man playing his guitar on the street and I was struck by how much he seemed to be moved by his music. His passion fascinated me, it was as if nothing could draw him out of his trance.


These guards helped to guard the eternal flame 24h a day. Their dedication true, and their loyalty evident.

This was quite a chance photograph I found later. It is visually stimulating as part of the couple is masked by the shadows of one of the many churches. The photograph could be read into in many ways, about the hierarchy of simply the couple, or at higher, perhaps politcal levels. I find this compelling.

Again I stumbled upon this wedding by chance. Although not a great 'wedding shot' I like this photograph because of the contrast of the young couple beginning a new life together and the Arch of Constantine in the background, a survivor of many centuries of political change and unrest, still standing strong.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com